TAMPA, FL – WISE — Women in Sports and Events — WISE is the leading educational resource for women in the fields of sports and events. Through a combination of programming and online tools designed to provoke thought, personal and professional growth, and engagement, WISE works to:
- provide educational resources for women from entry level to senior management;
- assist women in navigating and accelerating their careers;
- help women understand their collective value;
- foster peer connections; and
- champion the hiring and advancement of women in the industry
Founded in 1993 and governed by a national board of directors, WISE National sets organizational strategy and provides members with a variety of resources, including online tools at WISEworks.org, to aid in their professional development. WISE recognizes the importance of engaging regularly and face-to-face with members of the industry, and chapters throughout North America carry out the WISE mission at the local level.
Now, it is a proud moment as the Tampa Bay Chapter of Women in Sports and Events (“WISE”) announces its launch!
WISE Tampa Bay will help carry out WISE’s mission at a local level by providing innovative educational programming, events and valuable networking opportunities, while offering national resources including the WISE Within Mentor Program and Speed Mentoring Roundtables.
“Since day one, every sports organization in our community has been extremely supportive of WISE Tampa Bay. Having our Founding Partners collectively decide to launch a WISE chapter in Tampa Bay highlights our strength, solidarity, and commitment. WISE Tampa Bay will thrive through the support and unity within the community,” said Dr. Michelle Harrolle, WISE Tampa Bay President.
WISE Tampa Bay is supported by its founding partners, including the University of South Florida Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Tampa Bay Sports Commission.
The inaugural WISE Tampa Bay strategic planning committee includes:
- Michelle Harrolle, Assistant Professor, Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program
- Meredith Scerba, Director of Community and Public Relations, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Michelle Davidson, Director of Finance, Tampa Bay Sports & Entertainment
- Michelle Gervais, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Janelle Wells, Assistant Professor, Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program
- Jessica Worley, VP of Corporate Partnerships, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Claire Lessinger, Director of Special Events, Tampa Bay Sports Commission
- Megan Kahn, Executive Director, WeCOACH
- Devin O’Connell, Manager, Public Affairs, Tampa Bay Rays
- Chanda Lawdermilk, Director, Staff Development and Recruiting, Tampa Bay Rays
- Mary Milne, SVP, Guest Experience & Blue Ribbon Service, Tampa Bay Sports & Entertainment
- Elizabeth Frazier, SVP, Philanthropy & Community Initiatives and Executive Director, Lightning Foundation
- Brittany Austin, Director of Marketing, Tampa Bay Lightning
- Stephanie Dowdle, Former Senior Marketing Manager, Endeavor
- Ashley Leko, Assistant Athletic Director, Business Operations & Finance, USF Athletics
The WISE mission is to empower women in the business of sports with the tools to reach their career goals. Through peer support, mentoring programs and professional development and training, we strive to help members maximize their potential, sharpen their skills and advance their careers at every stage of their professional journeys.
WISE membership comprises professionals at various stages of their careers, from entry-level associates to established industry leaders, and spans all disciplines within the industry. A registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, WISE was founded in 1993 and has its headquarters in New York City with chapters across North America.
For more information on WISE, please visit www.WISEWorks.org.
ABOUT TAMPA BAY WISE:
The Tampa Bay Chapter of WISE will host a launch event tonight, Thursday, September 13 at American Social, beginning at 6:00 PM.
Follow WISE Tampa Bay across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn for the latest news and upcoming events.